All items downloaded from Envato Elements are licensed under one, single-use commercial license (the Envato Elements license). The license is designed to make it easy for you to do the right thing and gives you the right to use the item in a broad variety of projects, including those of a commercial nature.
Three Key Things to Know About the License
- There is one simple license for everything on Envato Elements. No more worrying about which license applies for what. And you can forget about standard vs extended licenses. There’s only one license and it’s written in plain, simple English.
- You get broad commercial rights with the license. You can use items on in-house projects and for paying clients. Use them in marketing collateral, advertising campaigns, and even on products you sell. Of course, there are some common sense limitations: no re-selling or re-distributing, no use in on-demand services or merchandising without adding value. But almost anything else is OK.
- It’s a single-use license. Each time you download and register an item, you get a license for a single use of that item. And if you want to use an item on future projects, simply register it again for each end-use. We make it easy for you to tell us what it’s being used for. Once you’ve registered the item and used it in a project, you can rest easy that you and your clients are covered, even if you stop being a subscriber.
When an item is a tool (such as a font or add-on), single-use refers to installation on a single device (and your license to continue using that item expires if you discontinue your subscription).
Highlights of the Envato Elements License
- One simple commercial license: All items on Envato Elements have the same simple license terms. You get broad commercial rights, so you can use items with confidence on work or personal projects.
- Register items each time you use them: Each time you download an item, you get an ongoing license for a single, specified use. Want to use an item again? No problem! Visit your downloads and simply register it again for a different end use.
- Clear guidelines on what's not allowed: Some common-sense limitations do apply. You can't re-sell, re-distribute, or use in on-demand services, or merchandise items without adding value.
- Future-proof licensing, even if you unsubscribe: If you unsubscribe, you can't use items from Envato Elements any more. But any existing uses that you registered are still covered. Now that's peace of mind!
We've provided summaries of allowed and prohibited usage of items under the terms of the Envato Elements License, but it's your responsibility to ensure your intended usage of an item complies with the full license terms. Make sure you've read the license wording carefully before starting any project.
Project Use vs Trial Use
When downloading items from Envato Elements, you are given the option to license the item for 'Project Use' or 'Trial Use'. The key difference between the two is that 'Project Use' provides you with ongoing usage rights for the item for the single project you nominate even if you discontinue your subscription. Learn more about Project Use and Trial Use.